Tuesday, September 22, 2015

May She Be Bold

I am shocked that it has been almost two years since my last blog post. It's amazing how events can take a toll on you. Since we lost my stepfather to suicide two years ago last month, we kind of did a tuck and roll. We tucked within our little family and licked our wounds. Like many suicides, you have no clue that it's coming. It blindsides you and tears your world apart. In the past two years, we have rebuilt. With that rebuilding has been so much change.

In the last two years, we have bought and sold a house, moved from Florida to Michigan (haven't even been here a month!), gotten pregnant and had a sweet baby girl who is our world and so so much more. Now we are slowly building a life here in Michigan among my family, which means a transfer for the hubs, a hunt for a job for me, house hunting, new daycare and pediatrician for Q, and every other little thing you can imagine. We had no idea what went into relocating! We can't wait to be settled in, maybe we can relax a little.....or maybe not with an almost one year old!!

On that note, our baby girl is turning one in November! How does that happen? I swear I blinked and here we are. Being a mom is such a blessing and a calling I get to fulfill each day. Last Thanksgiving we were welcoming our Q into our hearts and now we have a rough-n-tumble, loving, goofy girl who is so so happy. Ugh, I get teary just thinking about the fact that she's growing too fast.

I literally looked through every picture and every video we have taken since last November and cried the entire time. I want to pause and soak her in. How many of you mama's just want to press the pause button with me??

I'll end this update with one of my favorite pictures of our joy. She has taught us so much and brought us back to life after such a devastating loss. There are so many things I want her to know, but what is so important to me is that she is so very well loved.

"How bold one gets when one is sure of being loved." - Sigmund Freud

May she be bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment