Thursday, September 20, 2012

Green Smoothie

We are always trying to find ways to be healthier since sweets seem to call our names. We both don't get a lot of time to exercise except for on the weekends, so we definitely need to eat well. On that track, Brian requested that we try green smoothies. I thought that it would get us our veggies and our fruits, so great idea. Here is the one I tried. I mostly made up the ratios as I went along since I was making in the Magic Bullet that we got for our wedding. It's definitely more of a regular blender job but I thought that the amount per serving I used worked to make a great tasting smoothie.
Ingredients:

1 cup baby spinach
1/2 cup organic fat free yogurt
3 strawberries
1/2 banana
1/2 orange
1/2 apple

They are right when they say that you can't taste the spinach very much at all. I like the flavor of spinach and thought it might be more of a factor, but it definitely is more of an underlying one. 

With the Magic Bullet I had to add the fruit in a little at the time since it didn't all fit, which is why it's more of a regular blender type of smoothie. But, it was quick to make, only took about 10 minutes, which is great since being healthy is typically seen as something that isn't quick or fast like being unhealthy ( fast food ).


I used the Magic Bullet since it can be made in travel mugs, which is so simple. It's all ready for the morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment