Monday, September 3, 2012

Moment of Transparency

I'm on an adventure in this time of my life. New opportunities and experiences have occurred at almost an alarming rate in the past year and a half of my life and there seems to be no end in sight.... That thought is completely exhilarating and also completely terrifying.

It all started four years ago when I met my husband Brian and he became my first ever boyfriend. That's right, he was my first boyfriend and I was his first girlfriend as well. Pretty unusual these days, based upon the looks I get when I say that! He brought some pretty enormous changes to my life. A lot of first followed our first date. He brought me to my first day in church that wasn't with my mother or grandmother the few times that I went in my childhood. After that first day, life became a roller coaster ride. I was baptized about three years ago. That was the best day of my life, followed by my wedding day. I think it's safe to say that at 21 years of age, those are pretty significant days to have already experienced. Like I said, Brian definitely brought change with him when he came into my life.

Following my baptism, Brian brought a proposal and marriage to my life. That change has been completely beautiful in my life. He makes me into a person that I could not have imagined that I could have become four years ago. I am a wife, six months new, and that change has been completely amazing.

Some other changes that have happened this year are my first salaried job, right before I graduate with my BA in Accounting in December. Woohoo! I cannot wait to graduate, it's exciting to say the least. So, in a nutshell, my life has completely flipped upside down and inside right in the past four years.

What has led me to start this blog is the thought that their are new brides out there that look to make a life-lasting marriage that has a foundation set in Christ. I'm not going to say that I have all of the answers because I surely do not. What I do have are the things that Brian and I try daily to make our marriage a long one and one set in Christ. So, this blog is dedicated to a journey with every wife out there who wants to make this life with our husbands a beautifully extraordinary life.



I will give you all of my yummy recipes that are super amazing for a busy wife who has a job and goes to school at night like I do or who may have any other number of things that distract you from cooking... I will also give you different ideas that I have found that have been completely life saving or just are a you-should-know-this type of idea. Lastly, but most importantly, I plan sharing with you our daily journey of working on our marriage, because it is a daily job.

So, with all of that, I hope that you will join me on making this life absolutely extraordinary.

-Tracie



No comments:

Post a Comment